Sunday, January 16, 2005

My baby is 8 today!

We went to the harbor yesterday to celebrate her birthday. We went to Port Discovery and all I can really say is that I am glad that I did not spend my money on the tickets (I have a friend who has tickets through her husbands job). That place is really geared towards 2,3,and 4 year olds. I checked it out online but they made it seem like it would be perfect for Anna(they lied).

After that we went to the aquarium and that was real fun. We took lots of pictures but I can not post any of them because I am still waiting for my boyfriend to show me how to set that up. We saw the dolphin show and I got a really good picture of a shark(his teeth are huge).

After that we went to dinner in Little Italy. We went to Sabitinos and Anna was really impressed she felt like such a grown up. She was amazed that they brought water to the table and then asked us what we wanted to drink-so she go two drinks. She ordered meat ravioli but though it tasted weird because she is so use to eating them from a can. Oh well, she got extra cherries in her drink and ice cream for dessert. She told me that she thought that we were going to eat at a fast food restaurant. She said "Wow mom! They even have a cloth on the table. I hope I don't get it dirty." She was grinning from ear to ear when she saw that she was big enough to be in a "really expensive" restaurant. The truth of the matter is that it really was not expensive at all. We would have paid the same price to eat at an all you can eat Bob Evans or Denny's.

We had a really great time. I almost forgot to tell you that she bought herself a little frog from the aquarium(not real). She loves it and I think it was the best choice she could have made. She got $25 to spend on herself and she bought a $4 frog but she loves it.

Today she is in her room watching movies. She is sick and I gave her some medicine and she just woke up from a nap. I am going to go watch a care bear cartoon with her now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home