Wednesday, June 29, 2005

James Part 10

I moved back in with mom for the second time but this time I got a Christmas job at a department store even though I was 7 almost 8 months pregnant with Anna. The department store had just opened up at our local mall and they hired a bunch of pregnant girls that were due around Christmas or right after Christmas so they would not have to fire many people after the holidays.

James was still around and mom even let him stay at her house some nights. I slept on the couch because it was more comfortable and James (when he did sleep...cause the drugs kept him up most nights) would sleep in my room on the bottom bunk (I shared a room with Jessica) or he would stay up all night cleaning (he could clean) or playing video games with my brothers.

I was still going to school during this time and I was doing pretty good. James and I would get a room every few nights and stay at a motel not far from my mothers home just so we could be alone. We fought a lot during that time and I remember one night I rolled away from him so my back was to him (we were most likely fighting about his drug use) and he put his arm around me and said "baby, baby talk to me....baby, Mandy......." OOPS! Yep...he called me by a name other then my own. I was pissed. The room that we stayed in that night had two beds. I made him get out of my bed and sleep on the floor. The floor had no carpet...it was a very cold hard icky floor. This was in October or November so it was cold out side and you know that floor was like laying on ice.

I only stayed in that room the whole night because I was very tired and upset. James tried to explain but I had nothing so say to him and wanted to hear nothing come out of his mouth. I made him sleep there with no covers hoping that he would freeze to death.

I woke up the next morning before he did. James was still sleeping on the floor uncovered when I got up. I left him there and walked back home. When I got home I acted like nothing happened and did not tell mom anything...it was nobody's business!

James called a few times and I told everyone that I was not there but mom made me talk to him so I got on the phone so mom would not ask questions and I remember keeping the call short but I do not remember what was said. I only wanted to get off the phone with him. I think I remember him saying that he would come over later that night to "talk".

When James did get to the house I opened the door and he just stood there and said something to make me look like an ass for not talking to him so here I am with my big belly jumping up in the air so I could give him a good slap across his face. He never saw it coming and I felt better when I saw the surprise on his face. I told him to get away from the house or I would call the cops on him. He had warrants out on him so he left after we fought verbally for a few more min.

to be continued.................

7 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

OMG, after reading more and more about James I'd like to personally slap him good myself. Thank you for sharing. I will looking out for the rest of your story.

2:13 PM  
Blogger J&J's Mom said...

A..hole. Sorry I've been such a bad blog buddy. I'm going to need a vacation from my vacations! I'm off again til Tues but then I'll be back to my daily reading! Have a great fourth!

6:32 PM  
Blogger John Holland said...

Just when I think James is as stupid as he can be, he does something to prove he can actually be even stupider (is that word?) Too bad you can't just completely ignore James and from you've said your family too. Your James posts make interesting reading, but I feel for you, I wish you hadn't had to go through all that.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Charlie Mc said...

Mandy huh? perhaps he just listened to Barry manilow earlier in the day?

7:34 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

wow...so...continue...I'm dying for an ending here.

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cliff hanger!

3:47 PM  
Blogger True Jersey Girl said...

I can't wait till the end of this story when you tell James to go to hell (at least I hope you do!).

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home