Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I am one lucky b*$#@

I was on my way home for lunch today and there is a place on the way home that everyone slows down for because it is a hill so most cars loose their speed and cause the other cars so slow down. I thought that we were slowing down because of the hill. I was about 2 car lengths away from an SUV when I realized that the car in from of the SUV slammed on his brakes so he would not hit a........squirrel.

I am all for NOT killing animals but......If it is my life or the animals you better believe that I choose my life. Why would people be so stupid and come to a complete stop like that? I was lucky and slammed on my breaks and moved to the side of the road because if I did not then my car would be damaged beyond repair and I would be in the hospital for sure. My car did not come to a complete stop until the middle of my back car door was equal to the SUV's back bumper.

It scared the crap outta me! Some people are so stupid! Why would you choose an animal life over a human life? What do you think is going to hurt you more......running over a squirrel or having a large SUV hit your dumb ass? It is just pure stupidity! The dumb ass who was driving was in a geo metro (very small car) and he was in his late 30's/early 40's and he was alone in the car.......WHY????? Why was he so stupid?

OK I am done with my rant for the day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Twist of Kate said...

Well it's just good you were smart and lucky! I don't want to come back from vacation hearing you were in the hospital because of a rodent!!! Glad you didn't crash...I'll be back if I survive my flight home :)

1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I am just learning how to drive, the thought of this scenario scares me. Thanks! LOL

7:38 AM  
Blogger JaG said...

I'm just happy you're OK.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Shannin said...

I think sometimes it's just reaction - you see something running in front of your car and you either slam on your brakes or swerve.
Or maybe he just didn't want to get squirrel guts on his SUV...
Glad you're OK.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home