Monday, April 11, 2005

going to the top dogs

I have had enough with shit with child support! I am ready to snap at any moment. Why won't they do anything about my case? He never pays until he goes to court. They schedule his court dates 3 to 4 months apart and then only make him pay $300-$400 when he shows up to court. His order is to pay $91 per week with an additional amount of $9 for back child support...so that brings his grand total to $100 per week.

Question....How can the court wait 4 months for a court date and then only ask him to pay $300 in child support? There is something wrong here! He waits 4 months for court and does not even have to pay one full month when he gets to court. He is now over $7,400 behind.

I sent an e-mail to the governor to see if he will do anything about it because child support and the court system do not seem to care.......what do I have to lose? I will let you know if I hear back from the top dogs.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Good luck with getting some help. I don't understand why men think it's ok to father children but then don't want to help support them.

6:16 PM  
Blogger John Holland said...

Try your state attorney general too, I don't know if it will help but it can't hurt. It's a shame that a man can father a child but can't pay for the child. I am proud of my brother who was dating a woman with a small boy, they were together for a few years, but when they broke up he kept helping out with money for the boy and now a girl that was born. Though he could have not paid a dime, they weren't his children by blood, but he considered them his children in every other regard, he helped pay for their school, clothes and a thousand and one other things they needed. And today, the boy is a man, graduated last year from high school and though he knows my brother isn't his real father he thinks of him as a father. My brother did without a lot during the years to make sure those kids had what they needed, more men should be like him.

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! I have been lucky with my ex hubby's child support, but when he changes jobs, I imagine I am going to be in for one hell of a ride getting it all straightened out.

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn, Sorry about all this legal crap. The system has to change. Good luck and get all you can.

3:24 AM  
Blogger J&J's Mom said...

Keep your chin up...remember what goes around comes around. You may be able to have them garnish his wages. I have a friend who owes almost $20,000 in back child support. He's got a wife and 2 kids and is certainly paying for past mistakes.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Good luck and don't give up. Check online for agencies that help collect back child support. Keep it up- you're fighting the good fight!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

tammy~
trust me I will win this battle...

johnh~
my boyfriend is more of a father to Anna than James is....your brother sounds like a great father

southernbelle~
I just wish James would get a job!

mrsmogul~
thanks!

J&J's mom~
I wish it could be that simple...James had a job but quit as soon as he got his child support order.

mommak~
I am working the governor first but I had numbers and addresses of places to go next:)

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home