Wednesday, April 27, 2005

it is about time

My car is finally in the shop. I left work to come home for lunch and I was going to stop to see my mechanic so he could put my car on the computer to scan it. Greg told me that he talked to the mechanic about my car earlier this week and he can not do anything if my check engine light is not on. My check engine light goes on and off about as much as my car dies on me(a lot!).

I called Greg to have him make me lunch so I could get my car check out and still be able to eat lunch. As soon as I hung up my cell phone from talking to him my check engine light went off, so I just went home.

When lunch was over I got in my car to head back to work and it died on me right after I left our driveway. I drifted to the next street and called Greg. I said "go to the door and look to your right" he knew what I was trying to say and came outside to "rescue me". As soon as he got in the car he started it right up(I knew that was going to happen). He started to walk away and I told him I drive the distance of the two homes between my junk car and the house to take him back home. He declined my very sweet offer and started to walk back home.

I backed up out of the side street to get back on the main road and the stupid car died again! I honked the horn to get his attention and he walked back to me so we could take my car to the shop(finally).

The funniest part about this whole thing is that another girl I work with had a neon like I do and she was on her way back to work after lunch and her car died and she had to walk back to work.....I know it is not funny but after the day I had it felt good to know I was not alone.

I have talked to the mechanic and he is going to replace the map sensor...I should have my car back by Friday. I hope!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Glad to hear you're getting it fixed!

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home